Swiss & Cheddar Fondue
January 30th, 2021
February has not yet arrived, but what are we already thinking? Valentine's Day! And for this special day we prepared a recipe that goes really well for two.
• 1 1/2 sbsp. butter
• 1 tbsp. cornstarch
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese of your preference
• 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• Otimo Cheese Puffs (Ready-to-oven).
HOW TO MAKE
OTIMO CHEESE PUFFS: Pre-heat the oven to 400 F. Place the frozen Cheese Puffs on a baking tray, leaving 1" between them. Place the tray in the oven for about 20 ~ 25 minutes or until they get a golden color.
1. Melt the butter over low heat and then add the cornstarch, stirring until well combined – you can use a fondue pot or a saucepan on the stove – either method works great! If you have an electric fondue pot, turn the temperature slightly above warm as the temperature gets hot if you go higher than this!
2. Mix the salt in well and then add the milk. Stir continually over medium-low heat until boiling. Continue to stir and boil the mixture for one minute or so.
3. Turn the heat down slightly and then add the cheese.
4. Mix just until the cheese is melted and serve with your favorite Otimo Cheese Puffs.